Notice about Weather Decision

Dear Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park,
As the weather continues to make us all crazy we’ve been in constant contact with our park managers regarding their decision as to whether our event should proceed. Our long-standing working relationship affords us the courtesy of a couple more days to see how the forecast plays out. The final Go / No Go decision will occur Wednesday evening. Look a for a message by no later than 9:00 PM Wednesday night on the event website
We’ve been monitoring our river crossings to a get a feel for how quickly it rebounds from the various rain events that have occurred over the past 4 months. With these site visits and data from several river gauges, we ( park management et. al. ) strongly feel the removal of all river crossings is in the best interest of participants & volunteers. This will cause changes to the 11k, the 1/2 and full Marathons as well as resetting the mountain bike race courses – shortening the 30 & 40-mile routes. The hikes and kids rides will not be affected by the river crossing change. We’re working on all course changes now and will post them within 24 hours of the Go / No Go decision.
Your Patapsco Valley State Park management and Trail Fest team